Tuesday 22 December 2015

Christmas Greetings

 As you lovely regular readers of my blog will know from my previous post, I've had a bit of a rough year this year - hence the lack of posts. Loosing dad has been one of the most intensely painful and heart-wrenching experiences of my life, but it has been eased by the wonderful, loving and supportive messages from my dear on-line Blogger and Facebook friends and I want to thank you from the bottom of my slowly mending heart for that support....even though I've been rubbish as responding individually to you!

As we face our first Christmas without him, it's a time of conflicting emotions. All my family are gathering together for a few days to celebrate both Christmas and dad. There will be the usual laughter and fun but no doubt this will be tempered by tears from us all along the way too as we get used to the new normality of Christmas without him. I suspect that there will be an awful lots of sixpences appearing from the Christmas pudding in his honour as well!

This year's Christmas tree .... as traditional as ever!

First-Born realised how difficult this year could be for me and made me two new ornaments for the Christmas tree. The first one is a copy of our favourite family photo in a silver frame. I absolutely love it and it's perfect having us all together on the tree.


 She was a little bit wary of giving me the second one in case I got upset or offended ....but I nearly split my sides laughing instead! She made a 'Santa Dad'! He would have loved this. It would have really appealed to his sense of humour and the absurd!

It came with strict instructions that whenever we go to other family member's houses for Christmas, Santa Dad comes too! I can live with that! It's brilliant!



Of course, the one thing I really wish for I can't have, so instead I'll wish each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and joy-filled 2016 instead.



Hopefully normally blog service will resume in the New Year - I have so much to post about as we've still managed to finally do some fairly major works in the garden over summer on a project that been 13 years in the design process! No spoilers!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

xxx


5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I am so sorry to read about the loss of your Dad. Keep the memories in your heart, remember him with love and laughter as you gather together this Christmas.

Your tree is lovely.

Merry Christmas and may 2016 be filled with love, peace & joy ~ FlowerLady

Bag End Gardener said...

Solstice blessings and love from my home to yours :-}

Daisy and the Lovely Lunar and I will be down to see you in 2016 - you have been warned!

Sue Garrett said...

Having lost both my parents I empathise with you all lots. For me Christmas is never the same these days but you have your children to keep you going so have a happy time with them.

Liz said...

Hi Liz,

All the best for the new year, i do hope you're doing well.

Your tree is lovely and I think your new ornaments are a wonderful idea.

D said...

Merry Christmas and a blessed, joyful and healthy year ahead! A big smile came across as I saw you "pop up" on my blog today. Miss you!